Keg stands, college football, and drunk sorority chicks, what more does a guy need right? Well, anyone that knows me, knows that I am all about these things, so I thought naturally, I would be perfect for this show.
Ehem. Well, as it turns out...I would not be an Omega Chi pledge, but rather was cast as a faculty member. Hmm, what does that say about my age!??
Well, I arrived for my 8am call time, only to find out when I got there that they had changed it suddenly to 10:30am. BLURG %$#@!!
Considering the time I had to kill, and my fond affection for a little "Moons over my Hammy", I proceeded to the local Denny's down the street and indulged.
Okay, 10:00...time to go to work! I arrive to wardrobe and almost forgot that this show has a reputation for being complete assholes to background performers, good thing the wardrobe lady yelling at the guy at the front of the line was there to remind us. "Don't you listen? ...there is NO blue on set!"
...ahhhh, to be a human being.
We arrive at holding to be greeted by one of the AD's, who made the announcement that all non-union background is under no circumstances allowed to visit the crafty truck, and that that is reserved for crew, cast and SAG members, and anyone caught out there, will feel the wrath! There was a table set up for us outside the tent though, which had doughnuts, water, and luke warm coffee.
I took it with a grain of salt, until I heard the first victims screams later that evening. She was smoking a cigarette somewhere near the area and one of the vultures came down and demanded to see her SAG card and that there was no smoking there unless she was SAG. I mean, really!!??
Moving on to set, we were filming in a residential area outside of Koreatown. Some guy rents out his house for the show when they need it, and I could see why...it was enormous, and looked like your typical frat house, but on an IVY league scale. Big time $$$
The scene we were filming was a cocktail party for me and the rest of the faculty (who were all young mind you) and at one point, one of the principles who plays a teacher or perhaps the Dean, came up and was pantomiming with me, and continued to do so for every take, which should allow for some great screen time for me. The whole shoot lasted about 10 hours, which wasn't too terrible as we were working constantly.
Aside from the crew treating non-union like freshmen getting hazed (I think that smoker is still tied to the flagpole)...the actual cast, director & AD's were very friendly and professional.
Now if you'll excuse me, I must prepare for tomorrow's lecture...good day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment