Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Without a Trace

This could quite possibly be the most boring blog entry I post, as absolutely nothing happened all day, so please bare with me as I try to turn something out of nothing...

Let's take a look at how my day went, shall we?

(taking off shoe, signaling you to follow me, and fade out to flashback)

- - - - - - -

(Setting) - cafeteria with folding tables and chairs, on set of WB.

7:00am - report to set, check in, warm up with coffee

8:00am - wardrobe, then over to crafty for breakfast

9:00am - waiting to be called to set

10:00am
- still waiting, opened book

11:00am - still waiting, finished book

12:00pm - any time now...?

1:00pm
- finally, break for lunch! (1 hour walkaway) which I was happy to leave for an hour.

2:00pm - okay, let's get to work..."Wha'? Whats that...no? Oh, not yet? (sigh) Oh, alright...I guess I'll just wait some more over there then"

3:00pm - "Zzzz"

4:00pm - fiddle with iPhone

5:00pm - battery dead on iPhone

6:00pm - ...getting restless...

7:00pm - FINALLY, called to set! Okay, ready for my close up!! Set was a hospital, I was a visitor...finding my motivation, "annnnnd...Action!" walk, walk, walk, pantomime, pantomime...15 mins later, I am done...and it's back to the folding chairs for me.

8:00pm - I officially cannot feel my ass on these folding chairs any longer.

9:00pm - the PA arrives, and fortunately for me, called a wrap for the visitors...that's me! I can only imagine how long the rest of the patients and doctors had to stay.

So, as you can see...it's not all glamorous work, but I usually try to find something interesting to note and share with you, unfortunately today just happened to be about as exciting as your typical 13 hour lobby wait could be...but I felt obligated to share with you none the less.

I guess the lessons I learned today are, A) there is an awful lot of money being thrown around on these sets paying actors for basically sitting around, doing nothing all day...and B) I would absolutely HATE prison!

No comments: